Law:The People to Provinces (No More Microprovinces) Act
34RZ9 — The People to Provinces (No More Microprovinces) Act
The Ziu hereby takes official action (yet again!) to repair all ambiguity, incompleteness, and silliness in the assignment of people to provinces based on their geographical location. An asterisk (*) indicates a clause which is changed from the previous version of this Act.
- This Act shall repeal any and all legislation ever passed by the Ziu (apart from Amendments to the Organic Law) concerning the topic.
- * The provincial assignments of all Talossan citizens, as of 1 May 2005/XXVII, are unchanged by this Act (but see paragraph 5 below). Included in this provision are the anomalous assignments of Brook Gläfke (Florencia), Albrec'ht Stolfi (Atatürk), and Ián Metáiriâ (Maritiimi-Maxhestic), all of which are confirmed as is.
- Future immigrants to Talossa shall be assigned to provinces based on the provisions of this Act. Current citizens who physically move so as to be reassigned to a different province under provisions of this Act shall be reassigned under the provisions of this Act. [Modified by 35RZ23]
- (a)* Talossan citizens physically living within the boundaries of the Kingdom of Talossa shall be assigned to whichever province they are actually living in. There shall be no exceptions to this rule and this clause overrides all other clauses in this Act.
- (b) Citizens living outside the boundaries of Talossa shall be assigned to a province corresponding to a geographic zone. The entire globe shall be divided into seven geographic zones so that anyone living anywhere outside Talossa is automatically assigned to the corresponding Talossan province.
- No Talossan citizen may transfer his provincial citizenship to a different province, except by physically moving into that province or into the zone corresponding to that province. A citizen living inside or outside of Talossa who moves into an outside zone corresponding to a different province may transfer his citizenship to the new province by law, but in the absence of such a law, is considered assigned to his original province for all purposes.
- ATATÜRK PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Atatürk Province: All suburbs of Milwaukee within Milwaukee County, which lie to the north and east of the City of Milwaukee; the Wisconsin Counties of Washington, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, Calumet, Manitowoc, Kewaunee, and Door; the nation of Canada; and the U.S. states of Massachussetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Overseas, the nations of Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland, Cornwall, Turkey, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and the Xinjiang-Uygur Region of China.
- MUSSOLINI PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Mussolini Province: the Wisconsin counties of Waukesha, Jefferson, and Dane; and the U.S. states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Overseas, the nations of Italy, San Marino, Vatican City, Armenia, Georgia, plus all nations in Africa not listed elsewhere.
- VUODE PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Vuode Province: The City of Milwaukee (WI) and the U.S. states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and New York. Overseas, the nations of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Western Sahara, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka.
- MARICOPA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Maricopa Province: the Wisconsin counties of Polk, Barron, St. Croix, Pierce, Dunn, Chippewa, Eau Claire, Clark, Pepin, Buffalo, Trempeleau, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Juneau, Adams, Vernon, Crawford, Richland, Sauk, Grant, Iowa, Lafayette, and Green; and the U.S. states of Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Hawaii, and California. Overseas, the nations of Spain, Andorra and Spanish-speaking Latin America; and the nations of the Indian subcontinent.[Modified by 43RZ25 & 44PD1]
- FLORENCIA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Florencia Province: the Wisconsin counties of Florence, Douglas, Bayfield, Ashland, Iron, Vilas, Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer, Rusk, Taylor, Price, Oneida, Lincoln, Langlade, Forest, Menominee, Shawano, Marinette, Oconto, Outagamie, and Brown; and the U.S. states of Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Minnesota.[Modified by 43RZ25]
- MARITIIMI-MAXHESTIC PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Maritiimi-Maxhestic Province: All suburbs of the City of Milwaukee within Milwaukee County which lie to the south and west of the City of Milwaukee, and also the Wisconsin Counties of Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, and Rock; and the U.S. states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Overseas, the nations of Liechtenstein, Austria, and Germany, East Timor, Madagascar, and the Comoros Islands. In addition, the Falkland Islands and all nations of the Caribbean Islands not listed elsewhere.[Modified by 43RZ25]
- CÉZEMBRE PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Cézembre Province: the Wisconsin counties of Marathon, Wood, Portage, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, Marquette, Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Columbia, and Dodge. Overseas, the nations of England, Northern Ireland, France, Monaco, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Republic of Cyprus and Hungary. In addition, all territories of the world not listed elsewhere.[Modified by 43RZ25]
- FIOVA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Fiova Province: The U.S. states of Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, the nations of Australia, New Zealand, Portugal, Brazil, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Slovenia, Croatia, Kosovo, Albania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and all nations of Asia or the Pacific and Indian Oceans not included elsewhere.[Inserted by 43RZ25]
- No Talossan citizen shall be assigned to the Territory of Péngöpäts or to any other Talossan territory.
- (a) All provincial citizenship assignments shall be made when the province to which the citizen is assigned is OPEN to nonresident immigration on the day prior to the naturalization of said citizen. A province shall be CLOSED if its population is equal to or greater than thrice the population of the smallest province (by population) on the day prior to the naturalization of said citizen.
- (b) For purposes of this Act, provinces shall be listed in the following circular order: Cézembre, Florencia, Fiova, Atatürk, Vuode, Maritiimi-Maxhestic, Maricopa, Mussolini.[Modified by 43RZ25]
- (c) No citizen may be assigned to a "closed" province. In the event that a citizen's assignment may place him in a "closed" province, the citizen is assigned to the next province listed in clause 13b which is not "closed."
Noi urent q'estadra så:
King Robert I.