Law:The O Promise Me Act
37RZ3 — The O Promise Me Act
WHEREAS the immigration procedure, as specified in The Umpteenth Immigration Reform Act (35RZ22, as amended), requires that a prospective citizen shall affirm "his fealty to the Royal House and his allegiance to the Kingdom by taking any Oath of Talossan Citizenship specified by law", and
WHEREAS actually having an "Oath of Talossan Citizenship specified by law" would seem to be a necessary prerequisite to any such affirmation, and
WHEREAS specifying things by law is what we do here in the Ziu, and
WHEREAS an Oath of Talossan Citizenship would be a good thing for us to specify by law, and
WHEREAS if we don't do it, no one will, and
WHEREAS we really need to get around to doing this before we forget again, now
THEREFORE be it resolved by the Ziu and thus, conveniently, be it (just like we were thinking of doing) "specified by law" that:
- Section 1. The following text shall be known as The Oath of Talossan Citizenship:
- From this day forward, I pledge my loyalty, allegiance, and fidelity to the Kingdom of Talossa and to His Majesty's government. I solemnly affirm that I will support and uphold the Organic Law of the Kingdom of Talossa, defend the realm against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, faithfully observe its laws, respect the rights and freedoms of all my fellow citizens, fulfill all my duties and obligations as a citizen of the Kingdom of Talossa, and humbly appreciate the benefits granted unto me by my King, most especially when those benefits take the form of Talossan currency.
- Section 2. Whenever the oath shall be taken in times when the sovereign be female, appropriate changes in the wording of the oath (specifically, using the word "Queen" in place of "King", and "her" in place of "his") shall be made, in due deference to Her Majesty, whosoever she may be.
- Section 3. In accordance with law, no Royal Grant of Citizenship shall be issued to a prospective citizen until the said person has recited The Oath of Talossan Citizenship in the presence of a royal personage or member of the Royal Household, or, alternatively, has published to the nation a signed copy of this oath.
Uréu q'estadra så:
Mà Barôn Tepistà (MC, RUMP)
- This act was modified by 44RZ29.