Law:Recognition of the Libyan Republic
42PD1 — Recognition of the Libyan Republic
I, Erschéveþ Cjantscheir, Seneschal del Regipäts Talossan, with all duly vested authority and stuff, do hereby and forthwith declare the following Prime Dictate, beseeching his Majesty the King to grant royal assent with all due celerity that it might become law:
WHEREAS On 5 March 2011, the National Transitional Council of Libya issued a statement in which it declared itself to be the sole representative of all Libya, and
WHEREAS this body was formed by anti-Qadhafi rebels, who are fighting for the rights and freedoms of all Libyans which have been denied to them for many years, and
WHEREAS Talossa reiterates its full support for the transition to a government that will deliver greater democracy, justice, transparency, human rights and accountability in Libya, and
WHEREAS the National Transitional Council of Libya refers to the state as the Libyan Republic, while the Qadhafi government's name for the state is the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, now
THEREFORE BE IT KNOWN THAT:
- The Kingdom of Talossa recognises the Libyan Republic (formerly known as is the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya) as a free, sovereign, and independent state, with all the rights and responsibilities of other states under international law,
- The Kingdom of Talossa recognises the National Transitional Council of Libya, as the only legitimate body representing the people of Libya and the Libyan state,
- The Kingdom of Talossa salutes the citizens and the Council of the Libyan Republic for their courage in standing up for Democracy, Justice and Freedom against the Qadhafi regime, and beams to them its invincible moral support,
- The Prime Minister directs her Ministry of Foreign Affairs to officially communicate the Kingdom's recognition of the Libyan Republic to its government, and to extend His Majesty's best wishes for its success and the future prosperity of the Libyan people.
- The Prime Minister directs her Ministry of Foreign Affairs to instruct the Kingdom's various ambassadors to use their good offices to encourage recognition of the Libyan Republic by the states to which they are accredited.
Done under my hand, as from Kenwood House, this 13th day of March in the year of salvation 2011, being the 32nd year of the independence of the Kingdom of Talossa, and the fourth in the reign of King John.