Law:Talossan Citizenship PD
34PD28 — Talossan Citizenship PD
I, Fritz von Buchholtz, Seneshal del Regipats Talossan, with the full weight and authority of my august position do hereby and forthwith declare the following Prime Dictate:
WHEREAS the legality of the immigration of many Talossan citizens has recently been called into question because of alleged legal errors in the process and their naturalization, and
WHEREAS the Organic Law requires that a general election be held beginning of Seprember 15th, only six days from now, and,
WHEREAS it would seem hardly possible for the plaintiff and Government to argue the merits of a case based on so many and so complex allegations, or for the Cort to decide it, before the date on which the election must begin, and
WHEREAS it is the belief of the Government that the allegations are brought at this time primarily as a tactical political move, designed to disrupt the election and to disenfranchise loyal Talossan citizens, and
WHEREAS it is essential for the peace and security of the Kingdom that all votes cast be clearly valid, and
WHEREAS several of the citizens in question having served in the Cosa or in other offices, to bring their citizenship into question would be to bring the legality of much of the working of the entire Ziu and Government over the last seven months into question, and would throw doubt on much recent legislation, and
WHEREAS Article XII Section 1 and Article XI Section 5 of the Organic Law states that "the exact procedure for naturalization shall be determined by law" and that Prime Dictates "function as laws for all purposes",
Therefore I hereby do declare and enact
- that publication of the fact of a new citizen's immigration suffices to satisfy the minimum Organic and statutory requirements for "consultation" between the Immigration Minister and other officers, and
- that any irregularities that may have existed in the naturalizations of the following twenty persons are absolutely immaterial to the fact of their being citizens of the Kingdom of Talossa, and
- that they are in fact, and have been for all purposes whatsoever since the dates appended to their names in this list, full citizens of the Kingdom of Talossa with all the rights pertaining to that invaluable citizenship:
- Dr. Javier Otto Jorge Gold Ferrari 3-14-2005
- Gary Hawkins 4-5-2005
- The Hon. Don Deutschmann 4-18-2005
- Eric Lenz 4-27-2005
- The Hon. John Woolley 5-7-2005
- Patti McCue 5-29-2005
- The Hon. Joe Clark 6-15-2005
- Peter Onsgard 7-7-2005
- The Hon. Manus Hand 7-12-2005
- The Hon. Victor Idowu 7-26-2005
- Kathy Reid 7-28-2005
- Oliver Brainerd 8-9-2005
- Zach Buchholtz 8-13-2005
- Cresti Mataiwos Siervicül 8-13-2005
- Franz Buchholtz 8-16-2005
- The Hon. Sam Tyler 8-22-205
- Patrick Woolley 8-23-2005
- The Hon. Maureen O'Hara 8-23-2005
- Corrine De Winter 8-24-2005
- George Dougherty 9-6-2005
Done under my hand this 9th day of September, two thousand and five.
God Save the King!
- This Prime Dictate, coming as it did during the suit brought in the Uppermost Court by Wes Erni on behalf of former King Robert I (Erni v. Talossa) challenging the validity of the citizenships of the persons listed in this act, was vetoed by the Council of Regency for King Louis, on the basis that it would tend to validate by other means (and thus make the court case moot) citizenships that the Court was charged with determining as valid or as to be invalidated.
- A similar Prime Dictate was issued days later, and met the same veto.
- Erni v. Talossa was decided in favour of the government, and the citizenships listed in this Prime Dictate were upheld, and the citizens' votes in the election to the 35th Cosa were counted.