Talossan Press Association
The Talossan Press Association (TPA) is dedicated to the promotion of the Press and Media of Talossa. The TPA provides opportunities for journalists and others interested in the media to learn about new developments and debate the latest issues concerning the Talossan media industry.
The TPA was founded in 2009 by Éovart Grischun and was the direct successor to the Talossan Press Club, which had lay dormant for several years. Grischun served as the Association's chairperson from its founding in 2009 until August 2013. The current chairperson is Sevastáin Pinátsch, who adopted the role on 8th July 2014, following the resignation of the previous chairperson, Munditenens Tresplet.
The TPA Endorsed Journalistic Code
The TPA encourages Talossan journalists to voluntarily embrace the following guidelines and Code of Ethics, regardless of place or platform. The code is intended not as a set of "rules" but as a resource for ethical decision-making when reporting. The TPA holds at its core the belief in the free flow of information. These guidelines are here to aid in the free flow of information via the Talossan Press and only are here to assist in an untampered flow. At times, some guidelines may be overlooked to get to the core of a story.NB: Affiliate Members are permitted to display the 'Affiliate Member's Seal' on their websites, blogs or publications. Readers can be sure that when this symbol is displayed that the following code has been followed whenever possible (see image).
- Journalists should act in an honest and fair manner when reporting news and should treat sources, subjects and audiences with respect. Do not become arrogant when seeking news. Be especially sensitive and compassionate when reporting news dealing with children and those affected by grief or tragedy. Recognize the right of privacy whenever possible; unnecessary intrusion is never warranted.
- Take efforts to verify your sources before reporting news. Identify your sources when possible as your audience is entitled to information on your sources' reliability. Don't break promises of anonymity of sources. Try to provide your subjects an opportunity for rebuttal.
- Do not allow your news material to misrepresent a situation and never falsify photos or videos, unless you make clear that it has been done for effect. This does not apply to satirical cartoons and jokes. Never plagiarize and always give credit for quotations.
- Avoid stereotyping of any nature.
- Take efforts to ensure that your outlet has a complaints procedure and take efforts to ensure procedures for remedial action. When you have made a mistake in your reporting, efforts should be made to admit, apologise and rectify said mistakes.
The Association welcomes as members those with an interest in journalism and the media including past and present journalists, broadcasters, bloggers, printers, designers, cartoonists, etc. As a member, one receives access to member forums on the TPA website.
Affiliate members can also call for the assistance of the association in legal matters, including libel cases.
To inquire about membership, or for any other questions, send a private message to Sevastáin Pinátsch on Wittenberg.
- Andrinescu, Éovart
- da Schir, Lüc
- Davinescu, Alexandreu
- Edwards, Owen
- Pinátsch, Sevastáin
- Rôibeardescù, Txosuè
- Tresplet, Munditenens
- Soleighlfred, Alèxandreu
- Ursüm, Óïn
|Beric'ht Talossan||Alexandreu Davinescu||Hosted via Google Drive PDFs|
|KATV||Sevastáin Pinátsch||via Wittenberg, Talossan Media Aggregator|
|Notiçieir del Regipäts Talossan||Alexandreu Davinescu||http://noticieir.blogspot.com|
|Progressive Press||Owen Edwards||http://progressive-press.blogspot.ca|
|RT radio||Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù, Sevastáin Pinátsch, Lüc da Schir||via Wittenberg, Talossan Media Aggregator|
|Talossa 2031||Éovart Andrinescu||http://talossa2031.blogspot.com.au|
|Talossan Citizens Archive||Sevastáin Pinátsch||http://talossan.ca|
|Talossan Media Aggregator||Sevastáin Pinátsch||http://talossan.ca/media|
|Talossan Sceptic Times||Alèxandreu Soleighlfred||via Wittenberg|
|Talossan Observer||Lüc da Schir||http://talobserver.blogspot.it|
|Stil da Vida||Éovart Grischun||http://www.kingdomoftalossa.net/index.cgi?lingo=&page=sdvm||Inactive|
|Talossan Journal||Cresti da Ion Newton||via Wittenberg||Revoked|
|Talossan News Project||Viteu Marcianüs||http://tnp.talossan.com||Former|
Talossan Journalism Awards
The Association bestows a number of awards recognizing both current excellence and lifetime achievements: ‘Article of the Year’, ‘Journalist of the Year’, and ‘The Saint Maximilian Kolbe Award for Fine Writing’. These are awarded in the Spring, covering a publishing period beginning on April 1 and ending on March 31 each year.
|Year||Article of the Year||Journalist of the Year||Saint Maximilian Kolbe Award||Cartoonist of the Year||Cartoon of the Year||Judges|
|2014||Lüc da Schir, The Talossan Observer’s Analysis on the January 2014 General Elections||Óïn Ursüm||Munditenens Tresplet||-||-||Alexandreu Davinescu, Magniloqueu Épiqeu da Lhiun, Sevastáin Pinátsch, Lüc da Schir, Adam da Simeon|
|2015||Sir C. M. Siervicül, "A History of Catchmenta," (Beric'ht Talossan #13, 14 Sep 2014)||Glüc da Dhi and Sir C. M. Siervicül (tie)||Sir C. M. Siervicül||Greg Glodaral||"Where on Earth is Beneditsch Ardprestéir?" by Greg Glodaral (ETT, 14 Mar 2015)||Alexandreu Davinescu, Óïn Ursüm, Sevastáin Pinátsch, Lüc da Schir, Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù, C. Carlüs Xheraltescu|