Law:The People To Provinces "2" (P2P2) Act
23RZ6 — The People To Provinces "2" (P2P2) Act
WHEREAS, incoming citizens are currently assigned to provinces upon their naturalization based entirely on random geographical factors; and
WHEREAS, this policy has proven to be a failure in practice, leaving some provinces grossly overpopulated (e.g. Vuode) and others with no hope of population except thru internal migration (e.g. Florencia); and
WHEREAS, a more equitable distribution of population is required if Talossa's provinces are going to evolve into self-governing entities;
THEREFORE, the Ziu hereby enacts the following law.
- LC17.1.94 (including its amendment at LC36.9.96) is hereby repealed.
- Each Province and Territory is assigned an ideal percentage of the total Talossan population based on its area, Cestoûr population density, and other historical and geographical factors as follows: Atatürk 12%, Vuode 18%, Mussolini 18%, Florencia 6%, Maricopa 22%, Maritiimi-Maxhestic 12%, Cézembre 6%, Pengöpäts, 6%.
- No incoming citizen shall be assigned to any Province or Territory which exceeds its assigned percentage of the Talossan population.
- All incoming citizens shall be free to choose residence in any Province or Territory which does not exceed its assigned percentage of the Talossan population.
- An exception is provided for the Territory of Pengöpäts, which may exceed its assigned percentage through immigration so long as its total population is not in excess of three.
Uréu q'estadra så:
Robert Ben Madison - (PC-Vuode)
- This act failed to pass the Cosa.