Law:The WTF Amendment
39RZ21 — The WTF Amendment
WHEREAS the third paragraph of Section 1 of Article XV of the Organic Law reads as follows:
- For the purpose of this section territories shall form part of the province as they do in elections for senators.
- which is a sentence which simply befuddles any student of Talossan law, and
WHEREAS at least two of the 100 finest legal minds in the Kingdom of Talossa were heard to utter the phrase "WTF" on reading this mysterious sentence, and
WHEREAS Section 2 of Article XV reads as follows:
- The Covenants of Rights and Freedoms, being sacred and necessary to the defence of our free society, are entrenched provisions of this Organic Law. They may only be amended by a two-thirds vote of the Talossan people in a referendum, in addition to the normal amendment procedure.
- which makes it sound like two referenda are required to amend the Covenants, and
WHEREAS two referenda would be both silly and pointless, and although we like silly, we don't like pointless, now
THEREFORE the third paragraph of Article XV, Section 1 of the Organic Law is hereby removed, and
FURTHERMORE Section 2 of Article XV is hereby amended to read:
- The Covenants of Rights and Freedoms, being sacred and necessary to the defence of our free society, are entrenched provisions of this Organic Law. They may only be amended if the referendum required by Section 1 passes with a two-thirds majority.
Noi urent q'estadra sa:
Iustì Carlüs Canun (MC, RUMP)
Ma la Mha (MC, RUMP)
Flip Molinar (MC, CCCP?)
Xhorxh Asmour (MC, CCCP?)
Iac Marabuérg (MC, PP)