Difference between revisions of "April 2019 General Election"
|Line 167:||Line 167:|
Revision as of 17:39, 16 April 2019
|← July 2018 General Election||15 Mar 2019 - 1 Apr 2019||Next General Election →|
All 200 seats in the Cosa
101 seats needed for a majority
|Turnout||104 - 60.12% ( 17.46%)|
|Leader||Miestrâ A. Schivâ||Alexandreu Davinescu||Ian Plätschisch|
|Leader since||29 Jan 2019||?||22 Feb 2019|
|Leader's seat||MC (FreeDem)||MC (RUMP)||Senator (MM)|
|Last election||63||61||new party|
|Seat change||26||13||new party|
|Leader||Erschéveþ da Schir|
|Leader's seat||MC (MRPT)|
|Last election||new party|
|Seat change||new party|
|Outgoing Seneschal||Presumptive Seneschal|
| Miestrâ Schivâ
| Miestrâ Schivâ|
A General Election was held between March 15th to April 1st 2019/XL. All 200 seats in the Cosa were up for reelection, in addition to the Senate seats for Atatürk, Cézembre and Vuode, a special election for Florencia's seat and various provincial assemblies.
Four national political parties registered for the election:
|Awakening and Magnifying Passion|
|Free Democrats of Talossa||Progressivism, liberalism, republicanism|
|Moderate Radicals Arise!||Centrism, constitutional monarchy, liberalism|
|Recruits for Upholding the Monarchy and its Principles (RUMP)||Monarchism, conservativism, derivativism|
Notably, the Moderate Radical Party of Talossa did not contest the elections, having been unilaterally dissolved by its interim leader Txoteu Davinescu. This brought to an end the party's existence, after having contested ten General Elections in a row starting from the October 2011 General Election. The party had held a plurality both in the Cosa and in the Senate for over two years. This signified the end of the stable system of three "viable" parties that had existed since 2016.
Two new parties arose from the MRPT's ashes: Awakening and Magnifying Passion, which was intended as a clean break with the party (albeit formed by the party's Cabinet ministers), and Moderate Radicals Arise!, which instead sought to mostly continue its legacy.
With the MRPT out of the picture, the Free Democrats needed a gain of 38 seats to win a majority; the RUMP needed 40. No party has won an outright majority since June 2012, although the RUMP came close in the two subsequent elections.
Predictions and exit polling
Three senatorial elections were held concurrently to the April 2019 General Election. These results are preliminary and may be subject to change.
Sevastáin Pinátsch elected in the first round
|Candidate's name||Round 1 votes||Elected|
|Bradley Holmes (write-in)||2|
|Çelis del Þeracour (write-in)||1|
|Koray Yucel (write-in)||1|
|Óïn D. Ursüm (write-in)||1|
Thor Deyaert elected in the fifth round
|Candidate's name||Round 1 votes||Round 2 votes||Round 3 votes||Round 4 votes||Round 5 votes||Elected|
|Ián da Bitoûr||2||2||2||3||3|
|Glüc da Dhi||1||1||-||-||-|
Ieremiac'h Ventrutx elected in the third round
|Candidate's name||Round 1 votes||Round 2 votes||Round 3 votes||Elected|
|Ma Conta la Mha||2||2||-|
Final results for provincial assemblies were compiled by the respective provincial officers rather than the Chancery and therefore they were delayed in respect to the national results.
Notably, at most two assemblies will be controlled by a single party.
Elections for elected assemblies produced:
- A strengthened Free Democrat plurality in Atatürk, by 5 votes to the RUMP's 3, and the AMP and ModRad's 1.
- A tied Moderate Radical-Free Democrat majority in Benito, with 5 votes each, to the AMP's 1. This will therefore be the first term since the 49th without a Moderate Radical majority, partly due to the collapse of the MRPT.
- A new Free Democrat plurality in Cézembre, with 5 votes; the RUMP got 4 votes, independent Thor Deyaert 2, and the ModRads 1. This will be the first Free Democrat Etats plurality in their own right.
- In Florencia, the RUMP will lose majority control of the Nimlet for the first time since its foundation. To the two seats for the RUMP, two for the Free Democrats, one for independent republican Mximo Carbonél and one for the AMP will be added, as per Florencian law, a seat for the incumbent Governor (Carbonél himself) and for the RUMP's newly elected Senator, Ieremiac'h Ventrutx.
For the provincial assemblies that are based on claims to seats:
- In Maricopa, the claim process for the Cabana has yet to begin.
- In M-M, the dissolution of the MRPT will end the streak of four consecutive MRPT majority Assembly convocations. The AMP will take over the majority with two claimed seats, with one independent.
- In Vuode, the Free Democrats will lose its majority, but still retain half of the four seats, due to the new claim of Gödafrïeu Airignha (AMP).
|House of Commons||No overall control||6||2||-||-||2||10||-|
|Benitian Assembly||No overall control||-||1||-||-||5||5||-|
|L'Etats||No overall control||7||0||3||-||1||9||-|
|Nimlet||No overall control||3||1||-||-||-||2||2|
|Cabana||Not seated yet||?||?||-||-||?||?||-|
|States General||No overall control||1||1||-||-||-||2||-|