Tamorán dal Navâ
Tamorán dal Navâ (formerly known as Chirisch Lauramaintsch/Cavéir, born Christopher Gruber, on 12 March 1974), aka Kane Gruber, is a prominent figure in the history of Talossa.
Gruber became a citizen of the Kingdom of Talossa on 21 February 1998, and within a month had begun a term as Prime Minister of the Kingdom. At that time, Gruber was a member of Talossa's legendary Progressive Conservative (PC) Party. During his tenure, Gruber kept the peace by protecting the Kingdom from outside forces, and for his efforts in doing so, he was knighted in August 2000 into Talossa's Order for the Nation (Urderi Për la Naziun).
He served in the Talossan Cosa from 1998 to 2004, and also represented his home province of Maritiimi-Maxhestic in the Senäts, and served in governmental positions such as Attorney-General, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Propaganda, and in the Royal Household as Secretary of State. In November 2002, he co-founded (with Tomás Gariçéir, the Kingdom's top linguist) the Grey Congress Party, best noted for its pro-cultural platforms. During the elections of October 2003, the GCP managed to nearly best the juggernaut PC, and in response to electoral mischief by King Robert I's own Black Hand (MN) Party, the GCP and PC formed a coalition, creating the first strong opposition in Talossan history. Eventually this challenge to King Robert's stranglehold on Talossan politics led the King to commit abuses of power and tyrannical acts, many aimed at Gruber personally.
In response, on 1 June 2004, Gruber led a number of Talossans in declaring the independence of four Talossan provinces, forming the Republic of Talossa. Gruber named the Republic and provided its flag and motto ("Dare Something Worthy"), and wrote the Proclamation of Independence. In the Republic, he served as Chief Justice of the Provisional High Court and was elected Dean of the Provisional Governing Council (replacing long-time rival and colleague Michael Pope) until a Constitution was established, then was elected the Republic's first president on 1 June 2005. He later served as Minister of Information and Minister of Defence, and ran Talossa's first radio network, Radio Free Talossa.
On 19 April 2012, after the passage of a referendum without opposition, the Republic of Talossa dissolved, and Gruber, along with fourteen other Republicans returned to (or joined for the first time) the Kingdom of Talossa as the culminating act of a negotiated process known as "Reunision" (after a typo). Dal Navâ was welcomed warmly by the Kingdom, which was no longer headed by Robert I (who had himself left Talossa in 2005), and which had after that time reformed its Organic Law to prevent abuses such as those that had been committed on Gruber. On the day of his return, King John granted arms and a knight's motto to Sir Tamorán, and a fellowship in the Royal Talossan College of Arms was created and granted to him.
Dal Navâ, who favors the nicknames Táto and Grubi, is married to Rischâ Cavéir (formerly a Talossan citizen) and has two sons (Micháglh, formerly a Talossan citizen) and Zachary Johnson (currently a Talossan citizen). Dal Navâ is an avid Mac user, a web designer, a technical analyst, an author, a comedian, and a musician. He resides in Tallahassee, Florida.
Elected and Appointed Offices Held
- 1998-1999: Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Talossa
- 1998-2004, 2012: Member of Cosâ
- 1998-2004: Deputy Minister for the Royal Navy
- 1999-2004: Minister of Propaganda
- 1999: Attorney-General
- 1999-2000: Secretary of State
- 2002-2003: Deputy Prime Minister under Gödafrïeu Válcadác’h
- 2002-2004: Senator, Maritiimi-Maxhestic
- 2003: Deputy Prime Minister under Gödafrïeu Válcadác’h
- 2004: Chief Justice of the Provisional High Court
- 2004-2005: Dean of the Provisional Governing Council
- 2005-2006: Minister of Information
- 2005-2006: Minister of Defence
- 2005-2006: President of the Republic of Talossa
- 2012-pres: Senior Justice of the Uppermost Cort
Associations and Honours
- 1998-2002: Member, Progressive Conservative Party of Talossa (PC)
- 1998-1999: Editor-in-chief, Støttaneu
- 2000: Awarded Order Për la Naziun
- 2002-2004: President and Member, Grey Congress Party
- 2004-2006: President and Member, Social Democratic Party/Parti Sociál Democrätic Talossán (PSD)
- 2005-pres: Member, Brick & Ivy
- 2012-pres: Lookout Fellowship, Royal College of Arms
March 29th, 1998/XIX - May 18th, 1999/XX
| Secretary of State
1 January 2000/XXI - 1 May 2000/XXI
Ian von Metairia
| Senator for Maritiimi-Maxhestic
30th Cosa (Clark 2) - Dissolution of the 32nd Cosa
| Scribe of Abbavilla
13 December 2002/XXIII - 26 December 2003/XXIV