Law:Concerning Appointment of a Seat Vacated to Assume Regency
38PD2 — Prime Dictate Concerning Appointment of a Seat Vacated to Assume Regency
I, Ma la Mha, Seneschal del Regipäts Talossan, invested with all due authority and stuff, do hereby and forthwith promulgate this Prime Dictate.
WHEREAS Article III, Section 9 of the Organic Law of the Kingdom of Talossa provides that the Sovereign may at whim appoint a Regent to temporarily hold, protect, and administer the powers of the Crown, and
WHEREAS Article VIII, Section 6 of the Organic Law of the Kingdom of Talossa provides that any Talossan citizen, including a sitting member of the Ziu, may be appointed to the said Regency, should the Majesty so choose, and
WHEREAS The Majesty has so chosen, and in doing so, has chosen a sitting member of the Ziu, and
WHEREAS the aforementioned Article VIII, Section 6 of Organic Law specifies that no sitting member of the Ziu may retain his seat therein while serving as Regent, and
WHEREAS this section of Organic Law further specifies that "The method of appointing the temporary holder of the Regent's seats shall be specified in law", and
WHEREAS the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa has not at this time seen fit to create and enact any such legislation which would indicate the method of appointing a temporary holder of the Senatorial or Cosa seat(s) being vacated to enter into service as Regent, and
WHEREAS the Ziu is to be strongly admonished for failing to establish an act of statutory law that the great people of Talossa, in their wisdom, through ratification of the aforementioned provision of Organic Law, say should darn well exist, and
WHEREAS writing Prime Dictates, which are just as good as laws, is what the Prime Minister does when things like this happen, so that we can save the Ziu from its own inaction, follow the Organic Law, and know what to do, all at once, now
WHEREAS be it established in statutory law that the following method shall be followed for assigning the holder of any seat or seats in the Ziu that are left vacant by a person chosen to serve as temporary Regent:
- Should a Senator be chosen as Regent, the temporary holder of the Senatorial seat shall be named by the Premier of the province for which the appointed Regent serves as Senator.
- Should a member of the Cosa be chosen as Regent, the temporary holder(s) of the Cosa seat(s) shall be named by the leader of the political party which had earned and assigned the said seats in the most recent general election.
- The appointments shall be considered effective upon their being provided to the Chancery to be recorded by His Majesty's Secretary of State.
- Persons appointed to vacated Senatorial seats shall be subject to the terms of Article IV, Section 4 of the Organic Law and to any and all other statutory and Organic provisions respecting the exercise of the rights and privileges of the office of Senator, notwithstanding any contrary eligibility and standing held by the appointed Regent.
- Should either of the persons empowered by this Prime Dictate fail to make the said appointment(s) after a period of seven (7) days, the Regent still-serving shall be empowered to make the said appointment(s).
Done under my hand, as from Kenwood House, this 21st day of August in the year of salvation 2008, being the 29th year of the independence of the Kingdom of Talossa, and the second in the reign of King John.