April 1985 General Election
Parties contesting the election
- PC (Progressive Conservative Party, led by King Ben)
- DDP (Democratic Dandipratic Party, led by Danihel Lauriéir)
- TNP (Talossan Nationalist Party, led by Ián von Metáiriâ)
- CMP (Talossan Communist Party, led by John Eiffler)
- RPR (Rally for the Kingdom, (puppet organisation, King Ben) )
Result of the Election
|Party||Percentage of votes|
Prior to the election taking place, King Ben had already decided that he wanted von Metáiriâ to serve as Talossa’s Prime Minister. To ensure that he got the result he desired, he declared that the vote of any citizen failing to vote was to be considered a vote for the RPR, which was a "puppet organisation" belonging to the King. It was reported that the King "tinkered with the rules" throughout the election.
The King appointed von Metáiriâ as Prime Minister of a "National Unity" government. This government included everyone except the members of the DDP.