April 1986 General Election
The April 1986 General Election was the third democratic election to be held in Talossa. The election began on 10 March 1986/VII and was held earlier than scheduled so to resolve a conflict between King Ben and Danihel Lauriéir.
According to the Big History, the election was ran under a ranked choice ballot, rather than the "one man, one vote" system adopted for the previous ones.
Parties contesting the election
- PC (Progressive Conservatives, led by King Ben)
- FUN (Front United for the Nation, led by Frédéric Maugey)
- MN (La Mhà Nheagrâ, led by Weston Erni)
- TNP (Talossan Nationalist Party, led by Ián von Metáiriâ)
- DDP (Democratic Dandipratic Party, led by Danihel Lauriéir)
- PL (Parti Liveral/ Liberal Party, led by Florence Yarney)
Result of the Election
|Party||Percentage of votes|
A DDP proposal to give all power to the King, abolishing the Ziu, was rejected by 66% of voters.
Another proposal to revert Talossa to the borders of Robert I's bedroom also failed, with 94% voting against.
A third referendum to annex Shorewood and Whitefish Bay split equally, 50% to 50%.
Frédéric Maugey continued to serve as Talossa's third Prime Minister, putting together a coalition of PC-FUN-MN. The Liberal Party of Florence Yarney was excluded, allegedly because of supporting DDP candidates during the election.