Orders of Knighthood
Honours of Talossa
|The Privy Council|
|The Orders of Knighthood|
The Orders of Knighthood in the Kingdom of Talossa are non-hereditary honorific orders of chivalry to which citizens of Talossa may be admitted by action of the King in recognition of extraordinary service to the Talossan nation or culture. Knighthood carries the title Sir (for males) and Dame (for females).
Four orders of knighthood have been created in Talossa, although three are currently in use:
- Order for the Nation, twelve historical grants, with six knights and two dames currently active.
- Order of the Purple Tongue, two historical grants, with one Knight currently active.
- Order of the Flag, four historical grants, with two Knights currently active.
- Order of the Cone War Campaigns (defunct), one historical grant, inactive.
Members of the orders of knighthood are entitled to bear achievements of arms augmented by a belt (coloured according to the particular order), a helm, and a motto. In recent years, knighthoods have typically been bestowed by King John only in extraordinary grants of honours, issued during TalossaFest and during other times of Extraordinary Honours, such as the dissolution of the Cosa.
Until the Extraordinary Honours announced by King John on November 30, 2022, only the Order for the Nation was active. As of November 30, 2022, the Order of the Purple Tongue and the Order of the Flag were reactivated with new Knights.
Knighthood may also be granted without affiliating the recipient with any of the orders of chivalry. Recipients of such grants are known as Knights Bachelor. Knights Bachelor are entitled to bear achievements of arms augmented by a helm and motto. One Talossan has received such a grant:
- Sir Sean Hert, now inactive. Sir Sean was one of the original ("Mercury 7") cybercits. His service as Secretary of State beginning in 1996 enabled Talossa to successfully make the transition from a predominantly snail-mail to a predominantly online administration of government, a service for which he was created Knight Bachelor by King Robert I.