The Permanent Secretary to the Cabinet is a nonpartisan office of the Royal Civil Service within the Office of the Seneschal.
It was estabilished by Prime Minister Miestrâ Schivâ on July 29th 2019/XL. Lüc da Schir was appointed as the first and current Cabinet Secretary on August 1st.
- Ensuring a smooth transition of power (especially credentials, updating Cabinet emails), whenever the membership of the Cabinet changes;
- Being in charge of Cabinet media of communication, like the forum, along with the Seneschál, especially regarding backups;
- Acting as a recruiter for Cabinet and junior positions;
- Acting as an impartial arbiter for the Code of Conduct, whenever necessary;
- Whatever Cabinet-related administrative task the Seneschál of the day requires.