Brianism Coven of Cézembre
Brianism aims to provide the positive aspects of organized religion without the "mumbo-jumbo or irrationality" of traditional organized religion, based on a framework of scientific skepticism compatible with the beliefs of atheists, skepticsm and scientific rationalists.
The main goal of Brianism is to safeguard the evolution and propagation of intelligent life. Brianism terms this the 'Prime Directive.'
Brianists believe that the human race has an evolved predisposition to form pyramid-shaped social structures under an 'alpha-male' and that conventional religions naturally result from the imposition of this structure on the universe at large. The religion does not necessarily believe this is desirable, rather, that it is simply a human disposition to do it (pyramid theory).
Conventional Brianism is based on seven pillars, or principles:
- Intelligence - the preservation and continuation of intelligent life.
- Rationality - firm rejection of conventional religion and pseudo-science.
- Propagation - eventual emigration to other worlds.
- Environment - protection of the terrestrial and extraterrestrial environments, in so far as this is compatible with the Prime Directive.
- Evolution - continued evolution, even into artificial intelligences, if required.
- Knowledge - scientific progress, teaching and the acquisition of information
- Heritage - preservation of beneficial aspects of our heritage.
Brianists are encouraged to participate in activities that will help promote the preservation and continuation of intelligent life. Suggested activities include personal growth (getting fit, studying) and community-minded service (giving blood, volunteerism).
The Brianist Coven of Cézembre believes that the existence and development of the Kingdom of Talossa and of others of Talossan heritage is consistent with the tenets of the Prime Directive.