Certain days are officially designated as public holidays, or Feschtas Püblici (pronounced [ˈfeʃtɐs ˈpybɫɪt͡ʃi]), and are observed by the government of the Kingdom of Talossa. Government offices are closed on these days except for emergency services and national security. Private businesses are also encouraged to observe these holidays.
- New Year's Day (1 January)
- Landmark Day (3d Monday in January) commemorates all Talossan landmarks, including Grecian Delight (Grecian Delight Remembrance Day is observed on 19 January, the day that hallowed national landmark was destroyed by arson in 2010)
- Culture Day (3d Monday in February) commemorates the rich culture of the Kingdom, in line with Napoleon's Memorial Wargaming Day (observed 21 February, the day of the closing of the historic Talossan site, Napoleon's Wargame Shop), and serving as a traditional kick-off day for celebration of Berber Heritage Month (March)
- Cestour Day (final Monday in May) celebrates Cestour heritage and the rich history of the protoTalossan realm, in line with Juneau Day (observed on 28 May, commemmorating the victory of the protoTalossan Juneaumen over the Kilbournites at the Battle of the Bridges)
- Foundation Day (4 July) celebrates King Robert I's Birthday (2 July) and Organic Law Day (6 July). It is a legal requirement that a fireworks celebration be held at the shore of La Mar Talossan on a date roughly between King Robert I's Birthday and Organic Law Day.
- Monarchy Day (observed) (1st Monday in September) commemorates the resumption of the Talossan monarchy with the coronation of Florence on 24 August 1987
- Armistice Day (11 November) commemorates the proclamation of peace following the Great War, and the invincible moral support that the Kingdom of Talossa contributes to all foreign conflicts, and that it would have contributed to that one in particular had the Kingdom been founded by then
- Victory Day (observed) (4th Thursday in November) celebrates the triumphant victory of our nation in every single war it has ever fought (specifically, the victory won on 25 November 1980 in the Cone Wars)
- Dependence Day (25 December) commemorates the final day of dependence of this nation on another, and oh, also celebrates Christmas Day
- Independence Day (26 December) celebrates Talossa's first day of independence (by law, the houses, buildings, and streets of the nation are found decked out in the national colours of red and green in the days leading up to Independence Day)
Days of Observance
Other days on the calendar have been named from time-to-time as days of observance, or Ziuas Auservadas. Government offices are open and business is conducted on these days (unless falling on a day listed above as a public holiday).
- 11 January: Labour Day (commemorating the failed Communist coup d'etat that took place on this day in 1980).
- 19 January: Grecian Delight Remembrance Day.
- 20 January: Penguin Awareness Day.
- 21 January: Squirrel Appreciation Day.
- 28 February: Off-With-Their-Heads Day (reminding all citizens to practice active Talossanity).
- March: Berber Heritage Month.
- 31 March: Mindless Patriotism Day.
- 20 April: Reunision Day (la Ziua dal Rëuniziun), commemorating the Reunision of Talossa, which was achieved on this day in 2012.
- 23 April: Newspaper Day (commemorating the first publication of a Talossan opposition newspaper, TNN, on this day in 1985)
- 1 May: Holiday of Hatred (recalling the theft of the Talossan flag that occurred on this day in 1983); this is Talossa's Flag Day, a day Talossans spend without displaying the flag and in contemplation of the importance of our national symbols.
- 28 May: Solomon Juneau Day.
- Summer: TalossaFest, traditional festive gathering of Talossans in the Kingdom and elsewhere.
- 24 June: Immigration Day (commemorating the opening of immigration, this day in 1981).
- 11 September: International Memorial Day.
- 15 September: Game Day.
- 22 September: Alfred W. Lawson Day (commemorating the protoTalossan baseball player, aviation pioneer, novelist, prolific writer, and eccentric creator and promulgator of the metaphysical "science" of Lawsonomy and religion of Lawsonianism, namesake of the international airport serving Talossa, and general all-around kook).
- 28 September: Democracy Day (commemorating the first elections in Talossa, this day in 1981).
- 12 October: Sovereign's Birthday.
- 16 October: Publicity Day (commemorating the publication of the first article about Talossa to appear in the foreign press, in the Milwaukee Sentinel, this day in 1984).
- 10 December: Human Rights Day.
- 12 December: Llimbaziua (Language Day) (commemorating the first use of the Talossan language, this day in 1980). On Llimbaziua, the Committee for the Use of the Language typically issues an Arestada and Pienamaintsch.