Talossan National Congress
|Talossan National Congress|
|Leader: þerxh Sant-Enogat|
|Founded: 1 December 2015|
|Beliefs: Peculiar Idealist, Centrism, Royalist Reform.|
The TNC (Talossan National Congress, also kwown as "el Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa") is a Talossan political party. It was founded on 1 December 2015 by Breneir Tzaracomprada, and currently led by þerxh Sant-Enogat since 1 September 2023.
The purpose of the TNC is to advocate for the interests of Talossa, its citizens, and the promotion of democratic values. The official motto of the TNC is said to be “[Insert Motto Here]”, which anyway is a very good motto.
The TNC became Talossa's largest party in the Cosa after the April 2022 General Election with nearly 40% of the national vote. On February 2023, the TNC won a majority of seats in the Cosa, and its leader Breneir Tzaracomprada became the Seneschal of Talossa for the 58th Cosa.
The party's 50-word statement presented for the 59th Cosa elections was :
"We stand for a welcoming kingdom that strengthens relationships between its citizens. We support a transparent and accountable government, the promotion of our language, and a welcoming policy to boost immigration. Talossa is a do-it-yourself country for those who like to explore and learn and accomplish their dreams."
On October 2023 elections, the TNC won 100 seats out of 200. Following the signature of an agreement with the FreeDems, a 101st vote was temporarily given to the TNC, allowing Bråneu Excelsio to become the Seneschal of Talossa for the 59th Cosa on 1 November 2023.
|General Election||# of overall votes||% of overall vote||# of overall seats won||+/-||Notes|
|March 2016, 49th Cosa||17||13.93 (#4)||29||Government|
|December 2016 - August 2020||29||N/A|
|June 2021, 56th Cosa||7||9.59 (#4)||19||Opposition|
|April 2022, 57th Cosa||31||39.24 (#1)||59||Opposition|
|February 2023, 58th Cosa||46||52.87 (#1)||28||Government|
|October 2023, 59th Cosa||41||50.00 (#1)||6||Government|
|February 2451, 745th Cosa||821,343||73.43 (#1)||7,734||Galactic Hegemony|
Party Members (as of 1 November 2023)
|Resigned from TNC on 1 Nov 2023|
|#2||MM||Baron Alexandreu Davinescu||MC||Mar 2022||Deputy|
|#3||AK||Muhammed Yasir||MC||Jan 2021|
|#4||BE||Francesco Manzella||Jan 2021|
|#5||CZ||Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù||May 2022|
|#6||MP||Eovart Xhorxh||Apr 2022|
|#7||CZ||Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN||MC||Mar 2022|
|#8||CZ||Ian da Bitour||Apr 2022|
|#9||CZ||Sir X. Pol Briga||Apr 2022||Deputy|
|#10||FV||Bråneu Excelsio||MC||Aug 2022|
|#11||VD||Tric'hard Lenxheir||Senator||Aug 2022|
|#12||FV||Erisson M Silva||Oct 2022|
|#13||MP||Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat||Senator||Dec 2022|
|#14||MP||Béneditsch Ardpresteir||Feb 2023|
|#17||CZ||þerxh Sant-Enogat.||Leader, MC||May 2023||Leader since 1 Sept 2023|
|#18||VD||Ian Feliceu||Aug 2023|
TNC Platform (59th Cosa)
- Develop Further Skilled Immigration. We will publish "job offers" targeting students or professionals in IT, law (constitutional, penal, ..), history, linguistics, journalism, sociology, international relations, political science.. , offering them the possibility to practice their skills in the unique "sand-box" environment of a micronation, either as permanent citizen, or as guest during the writing of a thesis or the duration of a training periods.
- No More "Sink or Swim." Too many prospective immigrants and new citizens feel like they have nothing to do. Our Ministrà dal Immigraziun has been taking a few moments of extra time to offer prospectives suggestions on things that might interest them, but the whole process needs revision so that new folks don't feel lost.
Put the People in Charge on the Monarchy
- A Path Forward. We at TNC have always shown our support for a monarchy, but politics in Talossa should not be reduced to these questions. We think that our first priority should be to prepare for succession -- defining how the new king should be chosen, in case our current king becomes unable to do his job. Your vote for the Cosa should reflect your choice for the best Government, but we want to organise a referendum on all final decisions related to the Monarchy.
- Replace Aging Infrastructure. It's become clear that the infrastructure of our country is overengineered and aging. Far too often, the people have had to manage with problems caused by heavy reliance on the database. This past term, we had to circumvent the database entirely by using a new system to administer the census -- give us a popular mandate to study how to replace the entire thing !
- Published Goals. Pressure works, but self-pressure works better. At the end of each Clark, every Ministry will publish a list of goals that they'll aim to accomplish or at least do some progress to that matter, even if that goal is to schedule a maintenance, keep information transparent, tidy up or just be efficient when tasked with any kind of work... a kind of automatic self-terpelaziun for all ministers !
- Protect Infotecă. It took a lot of work to publish our budget information, treasury numbers, immigration statistics, and Wittenberg data all in one place on Infotecă. We should protect your access to all of this data!
- Protect Transparency. For the first time in years, internal government discussions have been maintained in an internal forum and will be archived and published -- the people's business isn't happening on Facebook pages under private citizen control! Help us maintain this transparency. Government business shouldn't be wiped away forever and hidden, controlled by just a few people -- your government belongs to you
The TNC Constitution (adopted on 7 September 2023)
Constitution of the Talossan National Congress
Las Guidalignhăs del Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Version 1.0 - September 07, 2023
We, the members of the Talossan National Congress (TNC), united by our commitment to the principles of democracy, justice, and the betterment of Talossa, hereby establish this constitution to govern the organization and operation of our political party.
Article I: Name, Purpose, Core Principals and Motto
Section 1: Name
- The name of this political party shall be "el Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa," hereinafter referred to as the "Talossan National Congress" or "TNC."
Section 2: Purpose
- The purpose of the TNC is to advocate for the interests of Talossa, its citizens, and the promotion of democratic values.
- The TNC shall work to propose and advocate for policies, run candidates for elections, and contribute to the advancement of Talossa and its citizens.
Section 3: Core Principles
- The TNC is guided by the following core principles:
- Principle 1: Prioritize engaging in activities that are both intellectually stimulating and enjoyable for the betterment of the nation and the party.
- Principle 2: Foster goodwill, recognizing that disagreements are transient, and promote reconciliation and understanding.
- Principle 3: Preserve effective, enjoyable, and meaningful traditions while remaining open to negotiation on other matters.
Section 4: Motto
- The official motto of the TNC is “[Insert Motto Here]”, which is a very good motto.
Article II: Membership
Section 1: Eligibility
- Membership in the TNC is open to all Talossan citizens who endorse the party's values and objectives as outlined in Article I.
- Applicants for membership shall provide a written statement expressing their desire to join the TNC.
Section 2: Membership Approval
- Prospective members' names shall be posted on a designated thread within the Private TNC Board.
- Party Members have seven days to raise objections to a candidacy.
- If objections arise, a Party Internal Election ("PIE") shall be conducted, as per Article III: Internal Decisions, to decide on the acceptance of membership.
Section 3: Access to Private TNC Board
- Upon approval, the Party Leader shall grant access to the Private TNC Board to new members.
Article III: Internal Decisions
Section 1: Rights of Party Members
- All Party Members possess the right to participate in party activities, vote in internal elections, and express their opinions.
Section 2: Internal Decision Processes
- Internal decisions, including Party Internal Elections (PIEs), shall follow these steps:
- a. The Party Leader or any Party Member may propose an internal bill for discussion within the Private TNC Board.
- b. After at least one week, the bill (possibly amended) must be published as a "bill for decision."
- c. All Party Members have one week to vote publicly in the same thread (PER, CON, or AUS).
- d. The vote results shall be published in the same thread no later than one week and three days after the bill's publication.
Section 3: Voting Thresholds
- Normal Party Internal Elections (PIEs) require a majority of participating Party Members.
- In case of a tie, the Party Leader may cast a second vote.
- Supermajority, defined as two-thirds of participating Party Members, is required for specific decisions outlined in subsequent articles (SuperPIE). In the event of an exact two-thirds vote, the Party Leader may cast a second possible vote.
Article IV: Party Leadership
Section 1: Election of the Party Leader
- The TNC shall hold elections for the position of Party Leader, following these procedures: a. In the first week of every fourth Clark of any given Cosa term, candidates for Party Leader may declare their candidacy within the Private TNC Board (declarations after the second week shall not be considered). b. During the third week of that month, the current Party Leader shall publish the "bill for decision" titled "Election of the Party Leader." If only one candidate exists, they shall be declared the Party Leader. c. One week later, as per Article III Section 2, the decision on the new Party Leader shall be reached. The candidate with the highest vote count shall be declared the Party Leader. In the case of a tie, the current Party Leader may cast a second vote.
Section 2: Qualifications and Responsibilities of the Party Leader
- The Party Leader must be a Party Member in good standing.
- The Party Leader shall represent the party, guide its strategic direction, preside over party meetings, and fulfill responsibilities assigned by this constitution.
Section 3: Term and Re-election
- The Party Leader shall serve a term that shall immediately expire on the election of a new Party Leader as outlined in Section 1.
Section 4: Deputy Party Leader
- The Party Leader may appoint a Deputy Party Leader to assist in their duties.
- The Deputy Party Leader shall fulfill responsibilities delegated by the Party Leader, excluding the additional vote in case of a tie during a PIE or SuperPIE.
Section 5: Moderator Role
- The Party Leader shall serve as the moderator of both the public TNC board and the Private TNC board.
Article V: Cosa Election
Section 1: Seat Allocation
- The distribution of seats in the Cosa shall consider seniority, participation in party activities, and reliability in fulfilling party responsibilities.
- A party committee, set as the Party Leader and possibly 3 volunteers chosen by seniority order, shall regularly review these factors and adjust seat allocations accordingly.
Section 2: Modification of Seat Allocation
- The Party Leader may make adjustments to seat allocations between two Clarks, especially in cases of inactivity, departure from the TNC, dismissal from the TNC, or loss of citizenship.
Article VI: Whipping Votes
Section 1: Introduction
- The TNC whipping policy aims to ensure transparency, effective decision-making, and party cohesion while respecting the autonomy and judgment of individual members. The policy aims to strike a balance between party cohesion and individual autonomy. It encourages open communication, respect for diverse viewpoints, and the pursuit of the best interests of Talossa while allowing for flexibility in voting decisions.
Section 2 : Whipping Decisions
- The decision to whip a vote within the TNC shall be made by the Party Leader or, in their absence, by the Deputy Party Leader.
- The decision to whip a vote shall be communicated to all Party Members through an official communication channel at least 48 hours before the relevant vote takes place.
Section 3 : Whipping Process
- Upon deciding to whip a vote, the Party Leader or Deputy Party Leader shall: a. Clearly communicate the party's stance on the issue, including the recommended vote (e.g., in favor, opposed, or abstain). b. Provide a concise rationale for the party's position. c. Encourage members to consider the party's stance seriously but respect their individual judgment.
- Party Members are not bound by the party whip and may choose to vote contrary to the party's recommendation. The party respects the autonomy and discretion of each member.
Section 4 : Whipping Review
- After the vote has taken place, the Party Leader shall review the voting outcomes to assess adherence to the party whip.
- If a Party Member voted contrary to the party's whip, the Party Leader may engage in a constructive dialogue with the member to understand their perspective and address concerns.
Section 5 : Consequences of Defying the Whip
- The TNC respects the diversity of views within the party and does not impose punitive measures for defying the party whip.
- The TNC believes that open dialogue and understanding are essential for maintaining party cohesion and welcomes healthy debate among its members.
Article VII: Loss of Membership
Section 1: Grounds for Loss of Membership
- Membership in the TNC may be terminated based on specific circumstances, as outlined in this article.
Section 2: Voluntary Resignation
- A Party Member may voluntarily resign from the TNC at any time by providing written notice to the Party Leader.
Section 3: Loss of Talossan Citizenship
- A Party Member who loses their Talossan citizenship shall automatically lose their membership in the TNC.
Section 4: Membership Termination by SuperPIE
- A Party Member's membership in the TNC may be terminated through a SuperPIE (Party Internal Election) organized by any Party Member under the following conditions:
- a. A SuperPIE must be initiated by a Party Member who believes that another Party Member's actions or conduct are detrimental to the party's interests, values, or objectives.
- b. The SuperPIE must receive a supermajority vote in favour of termination from participating Party Members, as per the procedures outlined in Article III, Section 3 of this constitution
- c. The termination shall be effective upon the conclusion of the SuperPIE.
Section 5: Loss of Membership Privileges
- When a Party Member loses their membership in the TNC, they shall no longer have access to party resources, including the Private TNC Board and other party-related platforms.
Section 6: Appeal Process
- Any Party Member whose membership is terminated through a SuperPIE may request an appeal within 14 days of the decision.
- Another SuperPIE should then be organized by the PL, with a call for more participation of TNC voters. The result of this SuperPIE shall be final and binding.
Section 7: Confidentiality
- The TNC shall maintain the confidentiality inside the TNC private board of all matters related to membership termination proceedings, including the identities of the parties involved and the specifics of the allegations, as required by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Section 8: Documentation
- Records of membership terminations and appeals, excluding confidential details, shall be maintained for transparency and accountability purposes by the TNC. These records shall be accessible to authorized party officials and relevant authorities as required by law.
Section 9: Compliance
- The termination of membership within the TNC shall be carried out in compliance with all applicable Talossan laws and regulations governing political parties and the rights of Party Members.
Section 10: Reinstatement of Membership
- A former Party Member who voluntarily resigned or had their membership terminated may request reinstatement, subject to the same process as the one described in Article II Section 2.
Article VIII: Amendments
Section 1: Amendment Process
- Amendments to this constitution may be proposed and adopted following the procedures outlined in this section.
Section 2: Proposal of Amendments
- Any Party Member may propose amendments to this constitution.
- Proposed amendments shall be submitted in writing within the Private TNC Board.
Section 3: Discussion and Voting
- Proposed amendments shall undergo discussion and voting as follows: a. A "bill for discussion" shall be created for each proposed amendment, allowing Party Members to debate its merits. b. After at least one week of discussion, the proposed amendment shall be published as a "bill for decision." c. All Party Members shall have one week to vote publicly in the same thread (PER, CON, or AUS) on the proposed amendment. d. The vote results shall be published in the same thread no later than one week after the bill's publication.
Section 4: Voting Threshold
- Amendments to this constitution require a supermajority, defined as two-thirds of participating Party Members, in favour of the proposed amendment.
Section 5: Implementation
- Approved amendments shall become part of this constitution upon the conclusion of the vote, as specified in Section 3c.
Article IX: Dissolution
Section 1: Dissolution Process
- The TNC may be dissolved following the procedures outlined in this section.
Section 2: Proposal of Dissolution
- Any Party Member may propose the dissolution of the TNC.
- The proposal for dissolution shall be submitted in writing within the Private TNC Board.
Section 3: Discussion and Voting
- The proposal for dissolution shall undergo discussion and voting as follows:
- a. A "bill for discussion" shall be created for the proposal, allowing Party Members to debate its merits.
- b. After at least one week of discussion, the proposal for dissolution shall be published as a "bill for decision."
- c. All Party Members shall have one week to vote publicly in the same thread (PER, CON, or AUS) on the proposal.
- d. The vote results shall be published in the same thread no later than one week after the bill's publication.
Section 4: Voting Threshold
- Dissolution of the TNC requires a supermajority, defined as two-thirds of participating Party Members, in favour of the proposal.
Section 5: Implementation
- If the proposal for dissolution receives the required supermajority, the TNC shall be dissolved, and its assets, if any, shall be disposed of in accordance with applicable Talossan laws and regulations governing political parties.
Article X: Citizenship Requirement
Section 1: Verification of Citizenship
- Changes in members' citizenship status shall be verified by the Party Leader upon receipt of official notice from Talossan authorities.
- Membership shall be adjusted accordingly, including potential loss of membership for non-citizens.
Article XI: Transparency
Requirements for transparency, including regular reporting to members and the public on party activities and decisions, shall be outlined in a separate document known as the "Transparency Protocol," which shall be maintained and updated by the Party Leader and made available to all through official channels.
Article XII: Effective Date
Section 1: Effective Date
- This constitution shall take effect upon its adoption by the Talossan National Congress.
Article XIII: Review and Amendment
Section 1: Amendment Process
- Amendments to this constitution may be proposed and adopted following the procedures outlined in Article VIII.
Section 2: Review
- This constitution shall be reviewed periodically to ensure its continued relevance and effectiveness.
Section 3: Compliance with Talossan Laws
- All provisions of this constitution shall be in compliance with Talossan laws and regulations governing political parties and the rights of Party Members. In the event of a conflict, Talossan law shall prevail.
Section 4: Supremacy of this Constitution
- This constitution shall be the supreme governing document of the Talossan National Congress, and all party activities and decisions shall be in accordance with its provisions.
For sake of correct interpretation of timelines:
Dates are specified as beginning at 0:00 Talossan time ("CDT"), and ending at 23:59 Talossan time
Weeks are defined as Monday to Sunday, first week of the month is defined as including at least one Sunday.
Adopted this 7th day of September, 2023 by the Talossan National Congress (TNC).
The TNC Transparency Policy (adopted on 7 September 2023)
The Talossan National Congress (TNC) Transparency Policy
The TNC is committed to transparency in its operations and decision-making processes. This Transparency Policy outlines our commitment to providing information and fostering openness to our Party Members and the public.
II. Reporting and Communication
- The TNC shall maintain open lines of communication with its Party Members and the public through official channels, which may include the TNC website, official social media accounts, and regular party meetings.
- Party Members shall receive regular updates on party activities, decisions, and any matters of significance via electronic newsletters, emails, or other appropriate means.
III. Public Access to Information
- The TNC shall make non-confidential party documents, meeting minutes, and financial reports accessible to the public through the TNC website or other designated platforms.
- Confidential or sensitive information, such as personal member data, shall be protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
IV. Decision-Making Transparency
- Party Members shall have access to information regarding the internal decision-making processes, including the scheduling of votes, the topics to be discussed, and the outcomes of votes.
- The TNC shall provide explanations for decisions made, especially in cases where Party Members or the public may seek clarification.
V. Handling of Sensitive Information
- The TNC shall handle sensitive information, such as personal data and confidential party matters, in strict compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Confidential information shall only be disclosed to individuals with a legitimate need to know.
VI. Feedback and Inquiries
- The TNC welcomes feedback, inquiries, and requests for information from Party Members and the public. Contact information for inquiries shall be readily available on the TNC website.
- The TNC shall respond to inquiries and requests for information in a timely and professional manner.
VII. Compliance and Updates
- The TNC shall regularly review and update this Transparency Policy to ensure that it remains in compliance with Talossan laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Updates to the Transparency Policy shall be communicated to all Party Members and the public through official channels.
Transparency is a core value of the TNC, and this policy underscores our commitment to openness, accountability, and the responsible handling of information. We believe that transparency strengthens our party, fosters trust, and contributes to the betterment of Talossa.